Lets face it – finding resources can be challenging.
This page includes a list of resources for Parkdale, The City of Calgary, as well as the provincial and federal governments.
City of Calgary
- City of Calgary — Planning and development permit applications
- City of Calgary — Planning and development permit approvals
- City of Calgary — Planning and development map
- City of Calgary — Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- 311 can be contacted online or by phone for a variety of information related to planning and developing, from inspections to bylaw infractions occurring during development.
- Alberta Supports
- Abuse Help Line provides information on resources, supports, services, and referrals. Call 1-855-443-5822.
Government of Canada Resources 1800 622-6232
- Benefits 1 800 277-9914
- Canada Child Benefit 1 800 387-1193
- Citizenship and Immigration 1 888 242-2100
- Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs 1 866 817-3977
- Employment Insurance Benefits 1 800 206-7218d
- Genealogy and Family History 1 866 578-7777 (1 and 6)
- Indigenous Services Canada 1 866 817-3977
- Old Age Security
- Parliament (Visitor Information)
- Prime Minister Congratulatory Message Request
- Revenue Canada 1 800 959-8281
- Savings Bonds 1 800 575-5151
- Service Canada
- Social Insurance Number
- Survivor’s Pension 1 800 622-6232
- Taxpayers’ Ombudsman
- Travel and Tourism
- Veterans Affairs 1 866 522-2122
- Bullying Help Line provides 24/7 support to those dealing with bullying. Call 1-888-456-2323.
- Calgary Counselling Centre is a charitable organization committed to providing compassionate, professional, and affordable counselling services to Calgarians. Cost of counselling is based on income. No one is ever refused based on lack of funds.
Abuse, bullying and family violence start here.
Addiction Resource start here.
Adoption Here is some information.
Consumer Safety Guide Visit Website here
Disability services such as AISH, FSCD, Employment First, PDD, RAMP and many others click here.
Family and Community Health and Wellness such as youth programs, child care, First Nations Agencies and Parenting.
Financial Support Services such as Alberta Works, Child Care Subsidies, Health Benefits, Income Support and training support. The City of Calgary also has a program for property tax assistance for seniors. They also have subsidized recreation passes for city pools, leisure centres, fitness centres, public libraries and even the zoo! The YMCA does as well.
“City Council is the main governing and legislative body for the City of Calgary, and they’re responsible for making important decisions on your behalf. Council regularly meets to discuss issues like policies, bylaws, the City Budget, and major projects to be undertaken by City departments. Council is made up of the Mayor and 14 City Aldermen who represent each of the city’s 14 wards. ” — City of Calgary
- For meeting agendas, minutes and video click here. Anyone can attend council meetings. Council normally meets at the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month beginning at 9:30 am.
Parkdale is within the riding of Calgary Varsity, and is represented by the Honourable Jason Copping.
To contact Minister Copping you can send an e-mail or stop by his constituency office.
Parkdale is within the federal electoral district of Calgary Confederation, and is represented by Member of Parliament Len Webber.
To contact MP Webber, you can send an e-mail, call 403-220-0888, or stop by his constituency office at 2020 – 10 Street NW.