The goal of the 2016 Transit Service Review was to modify some existing bus routes to provide more efficient and effective service. The modified routes should be more direct, frequent, and easier to understand.
Five considerations were taken into account with new proposed routes:
- Avoid duplication of service along a road or corridor.
- Provide higher frequency service (buses come more often).
- Create more direct routes.
- Provide longer hours of service in the evenings and weekends.
- Make transit more efficient by spending less and providing better service.
To review the changes – including the removal of the 419 route and replacement with the #9 – visit the Calgary Transit website.