Lets face it – finding resources can be challenging.
This page includes a list of resources for Parkdale, The City of Calgary, provincial and the federal government. This list will never be exhaustive, but will expand over time and help to get you on the right track.
Community Resources – Development
- Questions, comments or concerns about community development? Check out the Parkdale Planning and Development Committee.
- Did you know developers are required to protect city trees during construction and that they can be fined up to $10 000 for harming them? Need to report a concern? Contact 3-1-1.
- Interested in what is being built within the community? Check out Parkdale Plaza and the Parkdale Community Garden and Gathering Space.
- Need information on development permits from the City of Calgary? Click here.
Community Resources – Social Support
For resources regarding:
Counseling that fits your budget. Calgary Counselling Centre is a charitable organization committed to providing compassionate, professional, and affordable counselling services to Calgarians. Cost of counselling is based on income and no one is ever refused based on lack of funds.
Abuse, bullying and family violence start here.
Addiction Resource start here.
Adoption Here is some information.
Consumer Safety Guide Visit Website here
Disability services such as AISH, FSCD, Employment First, PDD, RAMP and many others click here. Also, the Calgary SCOPE Society works in alliance with people with disabilities, their families and friends, and other community members to understand problems and create solutions to personal and social justice issues. They can be a great resource as well.
Family and Community Health and Wellness such as youth programs, child care, First Nations Agencies and Parenting.
Financial Support Services such as Alberta Works, Child Care Subsidies, Health Benefits, Income Support and training support. The City of Calgary also has a program for property tax assistance for seniors. They also have subsidized recreation passes for city pools, leisure centres, fitness centres, public libraries and even the zoo! The YMCA does as well.
“City Council is the main governing and legislative body for the City of Calgary, and they’re responsible for making important decisions on your behalf. Council regularly meets to discuss issues like policies, bylaws, the City Budget, and major projects to be undertaken by City departments. Council is made up of the Mayor and 14 City Aldermen who represent each of the city’s 14 wards. “~City of Calgary
- Did you know that anyone can attend council meetings? Council normally meets at the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month beginning at 9:30am. For meeting agendas, minutes and video click here.
- Parkdale falls within Ward 7 and as such Druh Farrell is our city councillor. For information on your councillor click here. To email them click here, or call their office at 403-268-2430.
Parkdale Falls within the provincial riding of Calgary Mountain View. As such, Parkdale’s provincial MLA is Dr. David Swann. Your MLA can help you with the following and much more:
- Raise questions or concerns about particular issues or Provincial Departments, and attempt to attain resolution.
- Bring forward problems you may be experiencing with a Provincial Department that can be resolved within their mandate.
- Present a petition to the Legislative Assembly.
They also act as an excellent point of contact if you have any questions about the province. To email your MLA, click here, or give them a call at 403-216-5445.
The federal electoral district for Parkdale is changing for the next election, with Parkdale now sitting in the new riding of Calgary Confederation. However, for the time being, Parkdale exists in Calgary West and is represented by MP Rob Anders. To contact your MLA click here.