Since receiving funding approval from Council on April 24, 2017, the project team has completed detailed design and prepared contract documents for the short-term plan work. We are on track to begin construction in late October with completion expected in late 2019. Graham has been selected as our contractor and together, we will ensure that citizens know to expect the following along Crowchild Trail:
- Reduced speed limit to 50km/hr between 17 Avenue S.W. and 16 Avenue N.W., for the safety of citizens and crews.
- Narrowed traffic lanes to make space for crews.
- No lane closures during weekday peak hours (Monday to Friday between 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- One to two lane closures during weekday off-peak hours (Monday to Friday between 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- One lane closure on weekends (beginning Fridays at 9 p.m. and ending Mondays at 5 a.m.)
- Nighttime construction work between the hours of 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- The building of road and pathway detours where required, to ensure people can still access their destinations.
- The removal of trees where necessary, replanting, and landscape replenishments as part of this project.
- Our commitment to keeping business accesses open throughout construction.
The volume of work will increase leading up to the 2018 construction season, which will include road work north of the river as well as work on the Memorial Drive, Bow River and Bow Trail bridges. In an effort to provide neighbouring communities with the opportunity to review the detailed construction plans and ask questions of the project team, we have arranged the following information session:
What? Crowchild Trail Upgrades Project Information Session
When? Wednesday, December 6, 2017
6:30 – 8:30 pm (Doors open at 6:30pm)
Where? Hillhurst-Sunnyside Community Association
South Social Hall – 1320 5 Avenue N.W.