A year of hard work by Parkdale’s Board of Directors, staff and volunteers was acknowledged and celebrated on June 16, as Parkdale residents and local representatives joined the Board in a summary of the financial and operational actions of the PCA in the past year.
Beginning the formal agenda with remarks from the office of Ward 7 Councillor Druh Farrell, the proceedings focused on the financial success and new programming opportunities available at the PCA. Highlights included:
- A breakdown of the PCA’s present financial situation by Treasurer Paul Neave, noting the strong financial situation of the PCA, with a general improvement in revenue year on year;
- An introduction to the new Social Events representative for the Board of Directors, Raylene Habstritt, who discussed the upcoming events in the fall for the PCA, including the return of the Children’s Christmas Party;
- A presentation of a special Community Garden paver stone to Gini Clarke, city representative who has been instrumental in both the Garden and the PCA’s recent renovation projects;
- A capstone on this year’s growing Soccer program, including the recent Family Day event with more than 300 attendees.
Finally, the meeting concluded with outgoing President Darcy Morgan’s address, whose full remarks are included in this publication.
Morgan reiterated Parkdale’s vision and mission statements and congratulated the Board on its accomplishments in the past year. Morgan’s remarks closed with a final tribute to Bernie Novokowsky, Darcy’s longtime mentor who is largely considered to be the saviour of the PCA following years of challenges.
Moving forward, expect significant changes in the Board, our initiatives and how we communicate to you. For more information and the latest PCA programs and services, visit parkdalecommunity.com.
A welcoming community where safety, beauty, and diversity inspire friendships among residents.
Our purpose is to create gathering places for connecting the residents of Parkdale and surrounding communities by:
- Providing engaging activities
- Supporting beautiful surroundings
- Providing useful facilities
- Establishing a strong communication network
- Creating strong partnerships
- Managing the Association well