We are looking for lots of volunteers to help with two upcoming build days at Parkdale’s new Community Garden! This work will get the major gardening components of the first phase of the Garden complete, with our final ring of garden beds, food forest, herb circle and pathway system put in place.
We have more than 50 spots available on both days, and the more hands we have the faster we can get to planting! Our project plan is as follows:
- Sunday, May 24, 2015 – Build the final inner ring of garden beds
- Saturday, June 6, 2015 – Build food forest, herb circle, pathways, etc.
Sign up today
Feel free to sign up for either or both days – we’ll take whatever help we can get! All ages and abilities are welcome – just make sure to fill out and bring a volunteer consent form to the event.
To sign up now, visit our VolunteerSpot page and follow these three easy steps:
- Visit our invitation page on VolunteerSpot
- Enter your email address (You will not need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders.
Food Service & Cleaning 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Preparing/organizing food stations
- Replenishing prepared food stocks
- Washing re-usable dishes/cutlery
- Cleaning food stations before/after meal breaks
- Disposing of garbage/food scraps
Labour 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Digging trenches
- Wheel-barrowing dirt, gravel and shale
- Cutting and carrying lumber to the right places
- Assembling planter beds
- Planting trees, shrubs or herbs
There are lots of other ways to volunteer during the build! We are looking for people to fill the following roles:
- Various cleaning duties
- Set-up and take-down tables and/or tents
- Trips to Home Depot for tools/supplies (must have personal vehicle available)
- Any other ways you can think to contribute (groups, special skills, etc) please let us know!
If you need more specific info, please send your questions/comments to Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org!